Changed "math" captcha to "image" captcha on guest commenting

Submitted by Jochus on Tue, 09/03/2010 - 19:38 | Posted in: Website

Hmm, strange, some bots were still able to post comments on some of my blogposts, even with captcha enabled. The math calculation is just too easy for brute forck attacks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brute_force_attack). I changed it to image, so I hope I will get rid of this stupid SPAM :-)

Comments

Submitted by CyCo on Wed, 10/03/2010 - 18:16

I also noticed the 'captcha' math sum was very often the same, and very often one of the two numbers that needed to be added was simply '0'

Submitted by Jochen (not verified) on Thu, 11/03/2010 - 19:13

test

Submitted by Jochen (not verified) on Thu, 11/03/2010 - 19:14

Hmm, idd, er was een probleem met de image. 't Is gefixt nu.
'k Vind ook stom dat geregistreerde gebruikers een captcha moeten ingeven. Is totaal niet nodig. Zal es zoeken of'k dat ergens kan uitzetten

Submitted by CyCo on Thu, 11/03/2010 - 19:15

I only had to try 27 times to get this captcha (which is sometimes even just only 1 or even 0 character(s)) right... :p
something is not quite right here ;)

Needing to enter captcha after editing comment is not logical as well :p

Submitted by Jochen (not verified) on Thu, 11/03/2010 - 19:22

Yeah, I know. The captcha module was using a custom font. I changed it to the default font. There was a rendering problem. Now you see all 5 characters :-)

Submitted by TestJochen on Thu, 11/03/2010 - 19:29

test without captcha

--edit--
test after edit

Submitted by CyCo on Thu, 11/03/2010 - 19:30

aha :)

Add new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.

Full HTML

• Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • You can caption images (data-caption="Text"), but also videos, blockquotes, and so on.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.
  • You can enable syntax highlighting of source code with the following tags: <code>, <blockcode>, <bash>, <cpp>, <css>, <html5>, <java>, <javascript>, <php>, <sql>, <xml>. The supported tag styles are: <foo>, [foo].
CAPTCHA